Menu
Franche
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

INSTALLATION HELP

I am so sincerely done that I had to register for the community chat.

We have been waiting for an entire month for our broadband, i cannot seem to solve the issue with the 150 calls and i cannot find anywhere the livechat option or customer email so here i am.

HOW  do we book a team to install the cable inside our flat?????

We naively ordered the self installation kit on the 28th of september thinking that would go smooth but aw lawd it didnt. As of today 1st november we still only have the router building dust on the floor waiting for virgin to run the fibre cable from the roof to inside the flat. Inside we only have BT sockets, not a single virgin one, our mistake? why was it possible to order the self installation kit in the first place? why on your website our apartment is shown as virgin media ready, WHY whenever i explain the issue by phone (did about 5 times in a month) we book an appointment and the manage to SENT A TECHNICIAN, that goes, checks we dont have any cable and says WHOOPSIE DAISY somebody had to chewck that before, i will escalate it to the manager. This happened on the 16th of October. And again on the 27th......and again today 1ST NOVEMBER.

I have no idea why running a new cable in a flat should be so complicated and its been a month where we are basically paying around 50-60 quid each using our 4g providers as hotspots for our work and usage. good job virgin. I have sent a complaint by filling the form probably 2 weeks ago......YOU ABSOLUTELY GUESSED IT, NOTHING HAPPENED, you win a puppy plush.

Please. How do I schedule a builders team? how can i access the livechat so that instead of putting me on hold for 40 mins i can just wait a text? and how longer do we need to wait?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Legend
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: INSTALLATION HELP

If a self installation kit was sent, Virgin will have a record of a previous installation to your flat.  It sounds as if a previous resident has removed part or all of that installation. 

If new cables are to be installed in the building, Virgin will need a permission or wayleave from the landlord or building agent to access the roof and run new cables.  Do you know if that has been provided? 

0 Kudos
Franche
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not a single person at virgin even asked of we were renting, and none even came close to actually start the process, like to send us a request of approval in order to schedule something. The previous cable are just dangling from the roof in front of our window and the first technician tried to plug us anyway but it was disconnected and the closest flat to start the extension was too far for the cable that he brought

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Franche 

Try speaking to the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Legend
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On a side issue, why are you paying so much for 4G data?  If you shop around you can find unlimited data for £20 or a little more.

0 Kudos
Franche
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Honestly none of us thought it would take more than a month but now we really not sure.

Now they seem to have answered my complaint and said to book a pre-pull appointment and i have no idea whicj department i have to call from 150 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Franche

Sorry to hear this has happened 

Have you checked your online account for any appointments that should be booked in 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos