Menu
zuleikita
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I would like to book an engineer

I ordered a QuickStart and now I have it, but I realized I don't really have any wall socket (I searched around the entire house). Can I book an engineer to make an installment, please? I need it ASAP. 😞

0 Kudos
Emma32
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: I would like to book an engineer

I also need to book an engineer for the exact same issue. Please let me know how to do this if you figure it out. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Emma32 wrote:

... snip ...

If you want assistance please start your own thread.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

to both posters - if VM have sent a quick start then there has been a previous install - start outside and locate the external box - follow any wiring from that that foes internally to locate the internal connection - it may not be a box just a wire sticking out of the wall if someone has removed the internal box

Tony
0 Kudos
zuleikita
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I mean, I have seen a box before but it's from my friend's broadband provider (she's using other one) 😕 

If I could have one socket to connect my own hub I would be thankful.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@zuleikita wrote:

I mean, I have seen a box before but it's from my friend's broadband provider (she's using other one) 😕 

If I could have one socket to connect my own hub I would be thankful.

what have you actually got - is there an external box - what has your friend to do with it - is that the same premises another providers box is of no interest

Tony
0 Kudos
zuleikita
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. Is this an external box? That's all I found. 1.jpg

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ok - the twin black cables is the feed from the cabinet - coax and phone line - there looks to be 2 - which is not normal plus they seem to be going to a splitter - again thats odd 

the white cable is the feed to the inside - its difficult to make out but it looks to have been disconnected - if it is then that looks to be the problem - if it is connected to the splitter then follow the white cable and see where it goes inside

all a bit vague but it gives you something to look at and check

or just book a tech and let them sort it out

Tony
0 Kudos
zuleikita
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, I prefer to book a tech because I don't know so much about this. I don't know how to contact one tech, though.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi zuleikita, 

Thanks for posting on our community forums, apologies that you do not have the correct equipment for your quirk start install to be completed.

As it been a short while since your last post have you spoken to our team to get a technician arranged to come and do a manned installation for you?

Please let us know so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi 

0 Kudos