Menu
scottp372
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I want to put in a vehicular crossing

I want to put in a vehicular crossing (drop kerb) but cannot get anyone at Virgin Media to speak to me about this.  Our local council has said we need agreement from Virgin Media before we can proceed.  How does one get this agreement from Virgin Media?  It seems a simple question for the right person in VM but I have been trying via contacting VM since December 2020 and still have had no response.  Does anyone know how one gets this permission?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to put in a vehicular crossing

what does virgin media need to do? If you need a box moving its very unlikely
0 Kudos
scottp372
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The council have said

"Before we can proceed you will be required to contact Virgin Media for their permission in writing to cross over their utility cover, phone 0800 4080088 or email divworks@virginmedia.co.uk".

So we contacted divworks and, on 29th January 2021 they said

"Apologies for the delay, looking at the photograph it looks to be a swept Tee and this wouldn’t fall under our department. I have forwarded your email to the installs manager for the area.

If he doesn’t contact you our customer services installs department should be able to help on 0345 454 1111."

We have tried over and over to contact on the number and been pushed around the houses being told someone will contact us. 

Others in the road have had the vehicukar crossing installed without Virgin Media needing to do any work, but without the agreement from Virgin Media we can not proceed.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

virgin media will need to know what work you need them to do. they can come out to give a quote for any work but they will charge a few £100 for that.
And if the work needed will disrupt any services they will likely refuse to do it.
At any rate you'll have to pay for any work needed.

0 Kudos
scottp372
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I really don't need someone to tell me it will cost money - everything does. What I need is someone at Virgin to take ownership of the request and let me know what I need to do!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

good luck
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @scottp372,

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty that you have been having regarding your request.

I will try my best to get you in touch with the relevant team and hopefully get things moving for you. I'll drop you a pm just to gather a couple of personal details - look out for the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos