Menu
VaidyIyer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I want to cancel my service within 14 days - Unable to reach Customer Service

I ordered Virgin Broadband (500 Mbps) a few days ago and got the services installed yesterday. However the past 24 hours, the speed is below 100Mbps, in all the devices over both WIFI and Ethernet connections.  Not happy hence would like to close and return the devices within cooling off period.

I've called the phone number suggested (0345 454 1111) and have been on hold for 45 minutes.

This is just not working.  There is no email address or anyone to speak to at Virgin.  It's all FAQs and automation, so when a real problem comes up you're left to your own devices. This is not the customer experience I want or expect.

I am posting on this forum to have evidence that I am requesting for cancellation during the cooling down period.  

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to cancel my service within 14 days - Unable to reach Customer Service

Hi Vaidylyer,

As per Terms & conditions cooling off period 

M. Cooling off rights

1. If you have ordered any of the services online, by telephone or from an agent attending at your home and have entered into a new contract with us you have a statutory right to cancel an order for those services within the cooling off period, which is 14 days from the latest of:

1. the day after the delivery of the equipment;

2. the service start date; and

3. the day on which you received a copy of these terms and conditions in printed or PDF format.....

3. You can cancel your order by making any clear statement to us regarding that cancellation by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles may vary);

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG; or

3. completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to us at the address specified on the form.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
VaidyIyer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to cancel my service within 14 days - Unable to reach Customer Service

Hi Thank you. Is it possible to share the cancellation form as I did not receive any form except the a small red coloured book called as "A little book of Good Stuff".
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In that case you can write to them asking to cancel within the cooling-off period, include the name, address and account number stated on the contract. Send it recorded delivery for proof of posting. The contract will be cancelled from the date you post the letter. They'll request the equipment back and send you a bag to post it back in. 

0 Kudos
VaidyIyer
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I also received a set of 4 SIM cards along with this deal, which I want to surrender. Will the same process apply or I have to contact a different team.
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you want to take your number with you, you’ll need a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC). If you want to change mobile provider and automatically cancel your current service but not keep your mobile number, you’ll need a Service Termination Authorisation Code (STAC). 

For either request, you can sign in to your online account and select Switching to start the process. 

However, you should check your contract first to see if there are any specific terms to your contract. This will likely be different to your Virgin Media contract.

0 Kudos