Menu
Shanesilversixx
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I want to activate a hub 3 to my account

Hi, 

So basically I just signed up for virgin Internet and got told that I couldn't have a quick start because there's a problem with my line and would have to wait until the end of January. We literally had virgin media 2 months ago and it was working fine.

My brother moved out and cancelled it so I signed up, but he left the equipment here. So I'm wondering if there was a way to activate that hub 3 to my account to get online quicker? I plugged it in and it connected to the network but obviously "access denied"

Any help would be appreciated, the thought of having to wait so long is dissapointing, as well as the £30 call out charge for the engineer 🙄

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to activate a hub 3 to my account

You can’t activate a Hub 3.0 from another account.

Your brother will have to send it back or get charged for it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The procedure is that old equipment should be returned for refurbishing, and you would receive new (or refurbished) equipment. 

Some CS staff can re-activate old equipment, but because it's not procedure they may refuse. If there's notes on your account about potential problems they may refuse also. 

0 Kudos
Shanesilversixx
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It just seems like a waste of working equipment. What I'm having trouble understanding is the "problem with the line" thing, if we had the option to quick start then it will be fine. 

The hub 3 worked, no drops in speed, no cut offs. On 24:7 without any issues. But I'm not sure if I contact them they will just take my word for it and send a quick start kit 🤔

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps it’s a contractual issue with your brother’s account? Unreturned equipment, 30 day notice period, unpaid bill, ......

Perhaps, your brother’s connection/capacity has been allocated to a new account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Shanesilversixx
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Spoke to virgin and its a stern no to using the equipment. I have to wait for the engineer, did ask about getting a quick start box instead but got no reply. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I thought there was something in the contract you must return VM equipment after contract ends or you get charged on final bill? 

Your brother may receive a unpleasant bill unless you return on his behalf 😉

And then there is the 14 days waiting period while they close the previous customer account before new customer can receive service 😞

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos