Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I want somone from VM located in the UK to contact me.

Can a VM rep within the UK contact me regading the sham of a service I've received since signing up nearly a month ago?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want somone from VM located in the UK to contact me.

this is a community forum. VM staff can take up to a week to reply here.

You could go though the complaints process if you are unhappy

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've (unfortunately) already been onto them and they are as useless as the the other departments I've spoken to. I want someone on the ground in the UK, that can actually give me answers regarding my installation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

What specific question are you wanting answers too ?

If you have no installation done at the moment you can contact the pre installation team who will be able to answer question - The Pre-installation and delivery team are on:- 0800 052 1734.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've already been in touch with them. I've had 3 or 4 1hr+ phone calls with a number of departments that can't answer a simple question. It's been nearly a month since I signed up, with 2 failed installation dates and now it's "on hold". I want to know when the work that is required, is booked in to take place. If a company puts in an order to sub-contract work, the company that is doing the work will give them a date they intend to start the work. I want that date relaying to me. That should be the bare minimum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

From what you are saying this looks like that VM are waiting for the permission from the local council to do some construction work and that process in itself can take 6-8 weeks to get this from the local council, hence why it has been placed on hold.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So why when I've asked the same question multiple times over the phone do they not give me that answer? Why does my online account say "6th Nov" on my installation date when I view it on my laptop browser but when I look on my app it says that it's being installed today, even though I've had no email or phone call to confirm it. It's things like this and the phone team's inadequacies, coupled with their 'pre-visit' team's inability to notice that this work needed doing in the first place that makes this unacceptable.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for someone to get in touch with me!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The staff here will get around to the post but it can take upto a week as they are quite busy dealing with the oldest post first, keep posting and all that will do is move the thread to the back of the queue. Please be wait for them to reply.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Morning Fwazz89,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear there are some delays with your installation.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see that construction work is needed.

this can take 6-8 weeks as Mike has advised, the work has been priced up and accepted, it's been staged to our residential civils team to plan the work area according to other utilities.

At the moment there is no set date for installation I'm sorry.

Alex_Rm                               

0 Kudos