Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've moved house but no contact from Virgin!

Hi all. Obviously not many people are moving at the time of lockdown but we have. I tried to contact VM to say moving and can I move services to new address and got a auto email back saying someone would be in touch. That was 2 weeks ago and nothing. The moving team call center is understandably shut. I've now moved my kit to the new house. I even plumbed in the catv cable that has previously been used here in readiness. The man hole cover is literally outside my house! Can't find anyway of getting a response from VM. I'm paying for services at my old house and have none at new house. I'm a keyworker and on call for work. Any idea how I get through to VM to get migrated?

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've moved house but no contact from Virgin!

Hello

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response, I've had a go although it's the same auto bot at the other end that I've been trying to chat to for the last few days on the laptop. I've gone through the process again but I don't feel lucky. Stay safe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @webcam007

We are sorry about any delay with getting you the help you need with your move. 

If you have filled out the movers form online, the team will get this sorted for you. 

We are unable to assist with movers via our Fourms or via the text message number that was provided to you here yesterday - I do apologise. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well to complete the story I got a text out of the blue from a chap called Martin from the Virgin number you suggested above. It's was days after I texted it and spoke to the computer bot. So you still need help? My name is Martin. Was a bit worried it was a scam at first so was guarded about what details I gave out. Rather strange having a very slow text conversation with someone. I suspect he was texting several customers at once. I didn't mind. Just amazing talking to someone at virgin! Eventually we got it booked in and engineers arrives 2 days later. There are two odd things I need to follow up on with customer services. This was just a move of my existing contract which is on special at 99 a month but the computer assures me I'll now be paying 139! And then they only installed the one box. They are under instruction to only do 1 box and refund the other and rearrange that connection when times are less pushed for staff. That's fine with me but you just know the computer is going to get all the bills wrong!

0 Kudos