Menu
evertdev
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've cut through the broadband cable on the outside of the house whilst trimming the hedge. How do i con

I've cut through the broadband cable on the outside of the house whilst trimming the hedge.  The website just send s you in useless circles.

How do i contact Virgin to get it fixed?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I've cut through the broadband cable on the outside of the house whilst trimming the hedge. How do i

You can contact VM to report the problem using ...

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

The best time to call is weekdays 08:00 to get a UK agent, anything after 10:00 you must realise that you are quite likely to get through to an offshore agent that doesn't speak English as a first language.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I've cut through the broadband cable on the outside of the house whilst trimming the hedge. H...

Hello evertdev

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about your mishap

I can arrange for an engineer to attend and repair this cable

But it looks like someone has already been out to do this 

How are things looking now?

Did you manage to finish the hedges off?

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
evertdev
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've cut through the broadband cable on the outside of the house whilst trimming the hedge. How do i

Thanks, MikeRobbo.

I have it sorted now thanks and a really friendly engineer came out during Friday's early evening slot to do it.  I've hardwired the numbers you've given me into my mobile!  (I don't have/use a landline handset anymore).

Cheers,

Evert

0 Kudos
evertdev
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've cut through the broadband cable on the outside of the house whilst trimming the hedge. H...

Thanks, Gareth_L,

Yes, It's sorted now, thanks - a really helpful engineer came out early Friday evening to do it.  But what a palaver to try and get that booking.  The website really is circular and focusses not on troubleshooting, but only on sales!  When I eventually found a number it turned into a phone-bot that ultimately, after several menu choices and redialling to pick what might be an alternative menu choice, advised me to search through the website and then rang off.  Urgh! My frustration levels were through the roof by then and my office colleagues were having a good laugh at me plus an hour and a half listening to some sort of cringe-worthy music on a rinse cycle.

It would be nice if Virgin just had a repair-required option were one could write the problem into a box rather than have to pick from menu's that lead in circles and or a dedicated repair phone line that connected to a human rather quicker than that.  However, in the end I did get through to someone but can't quite remember how).

I had the same problems a month ago when trying to move to this house.

A big plus on the credit side though:  Once I did get through to a human, things happened really fast and I'm glad it wasn't "well known national ex statal's" three to six weeks I was dealing with.

Another item I don't understand is why my contract at the old place 10 miles away couldn't simply be transferred, but had to be cancelled and a new one started for the new home.  (The previous occupier despite not doing the lawns and hedges (at all) - leading to the cut line as I couldn't see it) was a Virgin customer and all the kit was there...

0 Kudos