Menu
Matt10001
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I need to speak to someone

<span;>WiFi should have been installed 24th April.  I cancelled my current provider 2 week prior.  2 days before installation I was informed that it wasn't going to be possible to install due to the lines not being there.  I was given an apology and told to use my hotspot ( which heats my phone up that I can't touch and drains the battery) and it will be sorted by the 6th May.  It wasn't.  I was given money off my first bill for the inconvenience (would rather pay and get WiFi) which was a nice and also told they would send me a dongal which I received but didn't work and was told it would take another week for it to come.  Which it hasn't still. I have spent approximately 6 hours of my time after work away from my family  speaking to customer services who thinks its funny to keep saying I'm not sure why you've been transfered to me, this isn't my department.  Yesterday I was transfered 5 times in total and ended back at the first people I rang.
<span;>I ask to speak with a manger who could help me with all these issues and was refused.  I was told that the manager would only tell me what she was telling me and I requested I speak with them still but she wouldn't.  Told me she would get him to call me back in no longer than 2 hours.  I didn't get that call.

The is a language barrier also.  The call centre doesn't understand me as I don't them.

I just don't think how I've been treated is good enough.  I was happy to accept the dongal while I waited because as I told them my wife is doing an online course and she's a nurse so we really need the WiFi. 

I feel I have made a terrible mistake 

Mikeatbesharp
Joining in
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need to speak to someone

Having the same issue.

I ordered on 8th April, for installation two weeks later. They cancelled at 8pm the night before. 

5 phone calls and 3 more delays on the installation date and we're still yet to be contacted. 

The generously told us that we wouldn't need to pay our first bill, which is funny because we didn't get any Internet anyway

Ever feel like you've made a mistake? 

Tags (2)
Matt10001
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone get back to you on this forum?

Yh shocking mate all this.  Mentally effecting plus my wife not being able to do her work!!  Only when she's at work which is impossible 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

VM are extremely poor at communicating reasons for delayed installs for many reasons not worth exploring here. VM will respond on here in a day or two but will be unable to help and will just direct you to the installation team on 0800 052 1734 - but they will have no concrete date for you either for the same reasons.

Bottom line is... it will happen when it happens - next week or in 3 months time - no-one can predict it.  However your contract doesn't actually start until the day of installation and activation. I dont know whether that incudes the date of the provision of a dongle - I suspect it may - as its a neat way of keeping you as a customer - worth checking that.

I would suggest you look at other BB supplier options and sign up for one of them in the meantime - when VM is installed you will have 14 days in which to decide whether to keep it or terminate the contract with no cost to you and stick with the other provider you chose.  Depends on whether the other supplier will penalise you for early exit - so a monthly contract with them (4G, 5G  sim ?)  would be preferable.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Matt10001
Tuning in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hello Matt10001

Sorry to hear of the delays in getting your services installed, we understand how frustrating this can be. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

As Jbrennad has already advised, to get an exact update on this we'd recommend calling the Install Team on 0800 052 1734. We can see however you have been in contact with the Messaging Team to cancel the installation, have you heard back form them yet?

Rob

0 Kudos
Matt10001
Tuning in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

No I haven't heard back yet

Shocking how bad virgin is run.  Approximately 7 hours of my time ringing when it should be the other way round.  

Anyway, I've made my mind up and will be cancelling.  

My mobile contract I have with virgin if I could I would withdraw.

I make a call and my reception goes from 4g to h+ and sometimes nothing which results into ending the conversation. 

Just terrible customer service.  I feel angry and I'm never that person.  I never complain about anything.  I understand about the problems that can't be foreseen.   Virgin should have better things in place to still allow to have Wi-Fi.  Just false promises 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

We understand your frustration Matt10001, we'll pass the feedback on to the team to help improve the service and experience all of our customers receive.

In regards to the mobile signal issues, does this happen in one or multiple locations? Are you making these calls via the network or and app like What'sApp?

Rob

0 Kudos
Matt10001
Tuning in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Both. normal call or whatsapp. Hotspot never woks on my phone.  My wife is with EE and she can use her phone as well as me steaming TV with her hotspot

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

How long has this been happening for Matt10001? 

Have you made any changes to your account or tariff recently that may have migrated you over to Vodafone? This would include a tariff or handset change.

Rob

0 Kudos