Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to move the point of connection for the broadband cable.

Joining in

Can someone from Virgin please contact me to arrange a time for next Engineer to visit and what the fee (if there is one) will be. It will be very simple job. 


Alessandro Volta

Staff here should be able to book this for you (although I believe they have no control over time and date, you'll have to amend via My Virgin Media if needed), and it'll cost £25 as a non-fault call out, which in my opinion is stonkingly good value for anything involving having a technician visit your home.  

Thanks Andrew, hopefully someone from Virgin can give me a call or send me a mobile number to arrange an appointment.

Agree with you that £25 is very reasonable. It won’t take the engineer very long to make the switch but they will have to drill a new hole in the wall about a foot from the current one and reposition the inside box.

we are having builders in during February so the job would be best done then.



Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no mobile number. The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ok thanks, I’ll try the 0345 number - we are on VM for landline.



Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Tim,

If you have a VM landline then anytime you need to contact VM dial 150 - it's a free call

I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali