Menu
masterchief4115
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I left BT for this. Quick-start not so quick

AEAF3FBB-E483-4A80-9F1C-0BAF3083E69A.jpeg

I chose a quick start package. 
Moved house today. VM Hub 3 was on the doorstep, happy days. 
Downloaded the connect app and followed all the steps. 
App has real trouble connecting to the hub, start the trouble shooting process. 
Using apple iPhone Wi-fi connections, I select the hub and after entering the password it tells me there’s a problem. The photo attached is what results from 5 minutes of waiting. “Try the steps below” there are no steps, just technobabble. 
Before doing any forum-hunting, I tried turning it off and on again, waiting 30 mins each time. I tried resetting the hub after that didn’t work. I checked the service status. I rang the helpline. No operators were in the office due to Covid. My package is activated, but there’s no broadband connection. I could have just moved with BT, but instead there’s this. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I left BT for this. Quick-start not so quick

All new installs / replacement electronic equipment need to be activated.

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I left BT for this. Quick-start not so quick

Hi masterchief4115,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you've had with the installation/activation of the services. 

Have you been able to get this resolved?

^Martin

0 Kudos