Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I keep losing internet connection

Since Monday I have been intermittently losing connection from my router. I have my personal and work laptops working off the router and they both lose connection, also internet on my mobile phone. This happens many times a day which is very frustrating, especially if I'm in a Zoom meeting at the time - it has been happening all week!  I'm now working from home and I am relying on having a constant internet connection. I've tried re-booting the router but to no avail. What makes this 10 times worse is that I cannot get through to anyone from Virgin Media on my phone now - they give the excuse that Covid-19 has meant their call centres are now closed - these technicians should all be working from home now! My patience with Virgin media is wearing very thin and I am on the verge of switching suppliers, having been with them for many years. Also, the live caht function seems very hard to find - I did eventually find it, and I have been told - by a bot - that my complaint has been transferred to the broadband team, and to expect a reply with 24 hours. This is simply not good enough from Virgin Media - I want to be able to speak to someone over the phone, or instantly, via video chat. Disgraceful.   

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I keep losing internet connection

If you have raised a complaint you should get an acknowledgement within 24 hours, but a reply may take upto 28 days as per the complaints policy. 

https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practi...

Once a complaint has been made the issue can't be discussed on the forums - you must wait for a response to your complaint from the complaint handling team. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So a person called Yadhu from Virgin Media contacted me in the end, yesterday, via Live Chat.  I told him about the problem, he refreshed the signals coming into the router, and told me to re-boot the router, which I did.  He told me I should have no further issues with it.  Well, guess what - it's been happening again this morning - twice so far!  So annoying this!  So, in order to be able to chat with someone from Virgin Media, I have lodged another complaint, and this has opened up a Live Chat window, however I have no idea when someone will make contact with me - hopefully it will be soon and today!  I repeat what I said yesterday - there is absolutely no reason for Virgin Media to stop using the telephone service for people wishing to chat over the phone - what about the elderly customers who prefer this way of communicating?  All the technical staff should now be working from home!!  It means so much more, with a recurring problem like the one I have at the moment, to be able to chat with someone over the phone. 

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can still phone VM up and talk to them over the phone. 

However, once you have opened a complaint only the complaints handling team can discuss your complaint with you. It can't be discussed with the call center support staff or on these forums. 

0 Kudos