Menu
ChristianThomas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have no phone line or broadband

I signed up to virgin 8 weeks ago, a green vm was painted outside my house for where they would install the cable. Since then, nothing. The council have agreed to allow the work to be done, this was 4 weeks ago. I work totally online and ordered this before moving in to my new house. I've been using a 4g dongle to get by for now and it's costing quite a bit to do this. 

Does anyone know how to get things done faster? it's quite concerning seeing posts that say that they have been waiting 6 months. The only broadband available on my street is virgin. 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have no phone line or broadband

Hi Christian,

Welcome to forums and thank you for your first post, have you been installed since your post or been given answers? Please let us know and we can help investigate for you 🙂
Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
ChristianThomas
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie, thanks for the reply. No, I haven't heard anything and when I phone up I'm told that I should just wait and wait some more. I need the broadband for work as I work completely online. I hope you can get things moving for me, I would really appreciate it, Christian.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Christian, 

thank you for your reply, I can take a look into what's happening for you I will pop you over a private message asking for some details 🙂
Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
ChristianThomas
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

ok, many Thanks

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Glad I could give you some answers ChristianThomas,

please keep us posted on the construction  🙂
Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
ChristianThomas
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie, the construction work is being done as we speak. If you can, could get me activated as soon as possible? that would be fantastic. I really am desperate because I can't work properly at the moment without broadband. Cheers, Christian

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry for the delay in replying. 

We can see that everything is moving along and an install date has been provided. 

We would have given you the next available appointment so I'm sure we'll have you up and running very soon. 

Do let us know how you get on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
ChristianThomas
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emma, I'm just struggling to get my work done as I work completely on line. I will just have to wait until the 5th of november. I have seen that the construction team have been out and fed a wire up the end of the driveway, just need an engineer to instal from there to the house. Many thanks for getting back to me, Christian

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I can fully appreciate that, looks like it's all set to go for the 5th November. 

Any concerns in the meantime do pop back. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos