cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't have a Virgin Media wall socket

tyked12
Joining in

We've recently moved into our new hour and we received our HUB 3 along with the isolator cable but we don't seem to have a VM wall socket even though we was told that our property has access to Virgin. How do we get one installed? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi tyked12 

VM only send out the QuickStart pack if the premises previously had VM.

The previous occupiers may have removed the VM box and cables.  The internal boxes may have the NTL or Telewest insignia on instead of VM , if so they are names of the original cable telco's and should work.

There should be an external omnibox, often brown or gray, If there is then try tracing the cable/s from it to see if there is an actual internal connection point..

If all that fails then call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 and asked for a manned installation.

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi tyked12,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get your wall socket looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

I can see that you posted this question a while ago and @newapollo already gave you some really good advice for getting it resolved. 

Did you manage to get this sorted after posting? 

If not and you're still in need of an engineer visit, please let us know and we can help further 👨‍🔧 

Thanks,

Megan_L