i want to close my account 

anyone know how to do this as I can’t get through to a human on the phone 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can’t get through to customer services

I know its a frustrating time trying to get through to anybody, best thing I can say is to call at 8am on the dot, on 0345 454 111 choosing options 1-1-4-4 to leave and they should be able to sort you out.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi this can't be done on the forum, I know it's not what you want to hear but phoning is the only way if you try first thing in the morning 8am you may get easier. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Z92
Super solver
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You can cancel your account by post if you can't get through on the phone. The address to write to is on your contract. 

0 Kudos
ccfc1965
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's an absolute disgrace how difficult Virgin make it to cancel your account. I run an online Subscription business and my card processors insist that I have an online option to cancel any recurring bills. Why aren't Virgin bound by the same rules? It's a joke, cancelling should be a simple process.

0 Kudos
Z92
Super solver
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It is a simple process, you can ring up and cancel, or you can cancel via the post. Shouldn't take more than about 10 minutes either way if you do it at 8am. 

Virgin are not bound by the same rules as you because they take payments by direct debit and not via cards. 

0 Kudos
ccfc1965
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's not a simple process though is it? Or there wouldn't be so many people complaining about how difficult it is.
0 Kudos
Z92
Super solver
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you are trying to ring after work then yes, it will be difficult and could take several hours to get through to someone. That's why you don't bother and just send a letter instead, 10 minutes max. Easy. Or ring first thing in the morning when queue times are low. 

0 Kudos
ccfc1965
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've tried at various times throughout the day and cannot get through. Not everyone can ring at 8am, and if they did, nobody would be getting through then either 😂

I can't write to them about changing an installation date, I need to talk to someone.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi ccfc1965,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've had some issues with getting through to us.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and can see you've been able to contact us regarding this 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos