cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub4 in modem mode

mattwellsy
Tuning in

Hello

Been having issues with my internet thought it was a fault in the area.  It would seem for some reason my hub4 in modem mode is still using 192.168.0.1 IP, causing my edgerouter 4 to have a Ip conflict and it drops the VM connection to use my backup.  No idea why its doing it been working for months with no issues, spent 6 hours trying to work out why factory resetting Hub4 and Edgerouter 4 with no joy.

To get me up and running using the router not in modem mode to the edge router which I changed its IP, would be ok if I did not have a Pihole system, printers, nas all on the 192.168.0.1 network.

Anyone ran in to the hub4 in modem mode still using 192.168.0.1 and been unable to fix?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Yes followed you instructions

after mac address cloning and a restart of everything seems to be running at the minute

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

When I had a edgerouter (now does not boot) and VM did a change to their DHCP server I was getting different IP's on the same MAC which still is a problem and maybe thats your problem to the point DHCP can't get a IP by VM DHCP due to the discover/request listing that windows has vs any router.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update mattwellsy,

Do let us know if the issue appears again.

Take care,

Kain