Menu
Caveman630731
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub4 and diagnostic support and customer phone support

Just had to install my HUB4 very early Wednesday morning due to Virgin cutting my HUB3 off without notice on late Tuesday night. Unfortunately the new HUB4 was faulty with the phone setting switched off. Called an Engineer out who came Wednesday afternoon (quick response) and replaced it with another HUB4 that was working properly. I was hoping this HUB4 was going to be ideal but most of Thursday (today) the internet has not been connected. Tried to get through twice on phone to speak to someone and do a diagnostic check but was cut off after 40 minutes each time. Decided to do this on line to find out that the HUB4 has no diagnostic support. So was the HUB4 worth having?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4 and diagnostic support and customer phone support

Hi Caveman630731, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear of the issues you've had. Was the issue relating to an area issue or was this just you impacted directly, was you able to check the service status page? How has everything been since? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Caveman630731
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ryan_N

I'm not sure whether it was an area issue but I feel it impacted me directly anyways. I have not checked the service status page as I did not know there was one and so how do you do that? Also I feel that the hub4 seems slower than the hub3 as we get the "blue circle of death" more often now, but I think that is because when I test my internet speed, sometimes it is lower than it should. i.e. 52.1mbps on an i-phone, even though it shouldn't be less than54mbps, although it is showing 82.2mbps now. We also don't know why we are asked for a pin no. when this is switched off on the TV system (nothing to do with Hub 4). But for now it seems stable. The only concern is customer support as I couldn't get through to speak to anyone when needed.

Does the Hub 4 not have diagnostic support on-line and if not, when will it?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Caveman630731,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, I am sorry you weren't aware you could check for any area faults on our Service Status checker , you can run diagnostic checks via your online account, when checking the speed with the hub 4.0 you would need to us the Sam Knows speed test .

Please continue to keep an eye on this and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos