I recently got upgraded to Hub3 as Volt client.
I set up Hub3 - WiFi and Ethernet seems to be fine BUT I now lost access to many sites from my browser, such as:
- (and I am sure I can find other sites)
The browser (Chrome) just times out.
On other sites, things are VERY slow or not working either:
- YouTube buffers for up to 20 seconds before a video loads
- Google Play Store doesn't let me update the apps (times out) on Android phones
- the above problem exists on my desktop (connected via Cat6 cable to Hub 3) AND on my WiFi connections.
- It has *nothing* to do with the WiFi configuration.
- But if I turn on my VPN on my desktop (or phones) EVERYTHING works just fine.
- Pinging amazon.co.uk gets replies both with native IP address and when connected via VPN. But native round trip times are 22ms whilst it's only 8ms via VPN.
I spent an hour talking to tech support people/customer service people on the phone but they seem totally helpless (e.g. customer service, tech support, tech support level 2). They run a test which tells that the Hub is working, WiFi is working and that's about all they can say even though I described them all of the above.
So I am stuck -- got an upgrade that created problems I never had before.