Menu
22royce
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hub3 led's

Hi

I've just replaced my router with a new Hub3.

In the instructions it says the led should go white!

However it has remained yellow! It seems to work fine apart from the yellow led.

Is this anything to worry about?

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub3 led's

Check >> HERE <<

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If it's a whitish yellow then it'll be fine 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Or more likely not.  Because the multi-colour LED functions as the overheating indicator, if the LED ain't working proper, the hub's a bad 'un.  This question has been checked out behind the scenes, and if the hub has a non-white light during normal router mode operation (other than accepted magenta and green indicators), then you should try a pinhole reset, using the hole on the back of the hub.  That'll wipe all custom passwords and settings, but can restore operation if this is a hub firmware problem.  If after a reset the light is still orange, yellow or red, then you will need a replacement hub.  

Try the reset.  If you don't have a white light after that then we can flag this for the forum staff to sort out a replacement Hub 3.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

22royce
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tried the pinhole reset as suggested, however the led is still yellowish white...

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'll flag this for the forum staff to advise (still may take a few hours for them to respond).  You might want to post a photo of the hub - if the colour is near enough white then they may judge that to be acceptable, but anything that clearly passes as yellow would be faulty.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

22royce
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That's great thanks 

0 Kudos
22royce
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

16019710399176900474581949975637.jpg

I've taken this, although it looks "white" in the picture.

In real life it is very similar to the yellow of the leaflet, but illuminated 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HI 22royce, thanks for the image, from looking at the picture it does appear to be white, Can you confirm what issues you are having with the connection? Have you gone through diagnosis here. Please let us know if you are experiencing any issues with the connection? ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Andrew-G wrote:

Or more likely not.  Because the multi-colour LED functions as the overheating indicator, if the LED ain't working proper, the hub's a bad 'un. 

I think there are some variances in the various hubs and they are not all the exact same colour, I say that because mine was always a yellowish white before I put it into modem mode and now it's clearly red rather than magenta, but since I've got no problems with my connection at the moment, I'm ignoring it's colour as it's close enough to the expected colour. 

0 Kudos