Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub3 and Meraki gx20

hi

I am trying to connect a meraki gx20 box to my VM hub 3 which is running in modem mode. 

It fails to pickup the WAN side ip address. 

I have previously run my netgear router with the hub in modem mode and it works as expected getting an ip address. The same connection plugged into a laptop gives the ip address to the laptop and I can acces the web.

Why does the meraki not pickup the dhcp ip address on the wan port when plugged into the hub 3.

Also there is no fault with the meraki because if I plug the wan port into my lan switch it gets a LAN network ip address for the wan port.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub3 and Meraki gx20

You must do it in a specific order else the HUB 'latches' onto the MAC address of the last device plugged in, when in modem mode.

Turn off both devices.

Turn on the meraki and wait for it to initialize.

Turn on the HUB.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that.

I initialised the Meraki on my lan side. It was talking to Cisco.com so I scheduled a software update on it and waited for 1 hour for it to do any updates from the scheduled start time. I'm unsure if it did update any software as its a black box device.

Afterwards I did as you suggested and this time it worked fine on the network. Then I reconfigured my netgear to run in Access Point mode and turned on the dhcp on the Meraki....all running except I have had to ask Meraki why its not blocking youtube on all devices....currently successful on a Windows 10 laptop, tivo box both channel 198 and youtube 'app', Samsung s20 phone and Google pixel phone. However a lenovo tablet on the same network allows youtube.

Hopefully Meraki will be able to sort this out, however if any parent wants a way to block virgins tivo app, you have a solution here for £140 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad it's working, just about!

0 Kudos