cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub wireless connection to smart tv

Panda99
On our wavelength

This morning my hub lost wireless connection to my smart tv. Phoned Virgin twice, can not get wireless connection. Anyone out there in Virgin Community had this problem today?? Really frustrating... 

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Panda99 

Have you tried rebooting your hub? Also reboot your TV.

Check the settings on your TV. If the TV is showing the wrong date or time then the wifi won't connect.

You might also want to consider using  a wired connection.

Any issues with other wireless devices?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Panda99
On our wavelength

Yes tried re booting hub and tv. Checked tv for any updates. This happened about a year ago and I rang Virgin... no joy, after two days using a wired connection as Virgin said it must be my Smart TV. I called them back signal was sent connection restored!! Plus yesterday my hub flashed green lights and wi fi cut out a couple of times!! 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Panda99 

Are other wireless devices having problems? Any problems with wired devices?

Are there any issues showing when you  look at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

I would double check the wifi settings on the TV as well, my LG will often lose connection and I have to type the password in again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Panda99
On our wavelength

Still not able to connect wirelessly, other devices all connected. As I say exactly same thing happened about a year ago. Despite checking for errors and re booting and trying to connect with a pin, nothing works. Previously Virgin finally resolved it, by sending a message to hub. I phoned them twice, might try them tomorrow, definitely had flashing lights on hub before wireless connection was lost. Virgin always say its the TV but it wasn't ro blame on previous occasions. 

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Panda99, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you've been having some issues with wireless devices connecting. 

I have taken a look at our side and everything looks prefect, what is exactly happening when you are trying to connect to it? 

Is it just the TV you are having issues with? What model / brand is the smart TV? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hello there, it's a Samsung smart tv. It kept saying it was connected on Saturday wirelessly, but I couldn't watch anything. So put the ethernet cable back in as I spent an hour trying to connect. I don't know if the hot weather contributes to these problems. I have left the wire in for now. 

Hello Panda99.

Are you able to check the Tv software is up to date whilst you are connected By ethernet.

Also might be worth trying a factory reset on the Hub.

To do this, press and hold the small black button usually situated at the back your router case for approximately 10 seconds. Doing so will reset your router to the factory settings.

Then try to connect the Tv over WIFI.

Gareth_L

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Can you leave the ethernet cable connected?  It's always going to be more reliable than WiFi. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.