Menu
Robertsomeone
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub set up WiFi connected no internet

Hi. 

I have set up the Hub 3 and all my devices are able to connect to the WiFi. However, all the devices are showing that no internet is connected and the WIFI is not working. This is my new Hub 3, I recently booked a broadband service and just set it up today. The Hub is shining a yellow light. My account has been activated by phone. 

How should I troubleshoot?

I'm a new user, does it take a few days for my broadband service to start?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub set up WiFi connected no internet

Should be active upon activation. Can you check with a device connected on ethernet cable?

What are all the Hub lights showing/doing ?

Try restarting the Hub - and/or maybe a pinhole reset as per this - disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub, and with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool and hold it there for 60 seconds – release the pin then leave it 10’ to stabilise. But, make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first !!

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Robertsomeone
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi. 

I have tried ethernet cable on my PC but it still wouldn't work. No internet connection. 

The hub has no other lights shining except for the bottom light shining yellow as a line. 

I have tried rebooting and reset today but neither worked. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robertsomeone, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you've been having some issues with the internet as well as the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've had a look into the back end of things for you using the details you've signed up to the community with and I can see that an engineer visit was booked and cancelled. 

Is everything working okay for you at the moment?

Do let us know if you need further help. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos