Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub replacement request

Hello,

Guys, what logs or info do you need from my hub in modem mode to get it replaced?

It was working ok for two years but recently started acting up. I have done a factory reset, L1 is also ok.

Sometimes my port forward rules simple stop working. Nothing is hitting the WAN interface on the specific ports until the HUB is rebooted.

Something my router just simply fails to obtain DHCP from the ISP router upstream again until HUB is rebooted.

It works for some time, but then issues repeat.

Thanks,

Myky

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub replacement request

What Hub model is it? is it in modem mode? If so what is the Router you have?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Looks to me to be a circuit problem, not a hub problem. Please go into your hub on 192.168.100 for modem mode and post your up/downstream stats and network log. /

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ahh, was too quick to blame the modem.

Port forwarding is broken because DDNS config was removed from my local NAS as a part of the firmware update, VM changed the IP hence nothing is arriving due to the old IP record.

One issue is fixed (feel stupid, missed basics).

However not too sure what to do with DHCP issue. I did port it some time ago, more info below:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/No-DHCP-on-WAN-interface-Hub-is-in-the-brid...

Basically what happened is l connected my PC directly to the modem in modem mode to test the connectivity when initially got connectivity from VM.

Later, I purchased EdgeRouter (Ubiquiti) and it failed to get DHCP on WAN interface.

On PCAP l could see that the device sends DISCOVERY but nothing was coming back. 

Magically it started to work as soon as l cloned MAC address from my PC to the WAN IP of the router:

set interfaces ethernet eth0 address dhcp
set interfaces ethernet eth0 description 'WAN - (ISP)'
set interfaces ethernet eth0 duplex auto
set interfaces ethernet eth0 firewall in name FROM-WAN-2-LAN
set interfaces ethernet eth0 firewall local name FROM-WAN-2-EXT.IP.LOCAL
set interfaces ethernet eth0 mac 'x:x:x:x:x:x'

So it's some sort of cache or MAC address security form the ISP side, but l don't know if l can do much about it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not sure guys if you saw my reply? It got removed I think, weird. 

VM forum should at least give you the opportunity to change it and repost it. It was the long reply, and l don't really want to retype it again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It would have only been removed it contained offensive language or personal information. Even then the mods usually just edit it and let it through. Yours must have been particularly bad 🙂
More likely you didn't actually post it properly. Try a shorter version here !

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That is very odd. No no l wasn't posting any personal info or using some bad words. I am a friendly engineer 😎

Ok, let me get a shorter version on Notepad++ and post it here.

0 Kudos