cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub issues

Lauren94
Joining in

I’m new to virgin media and I’m feeling like I might be regretting my choices. I’m finding it so difficult to just speak to anyone for help. 
My hub has had a red light since I got it, a technician installed it for me as I needed the wire extending around the living room. The red light appeared a few weeks ago baring in mind I’ve had my internet around a month? After Googling it sounds like I need a new hub sending out? I live in a small 2 bedroom flat and the wifi doesn’t even reach to the bedroom which I think is ridiculous, I don’t want to spend more money on a booster but I would rather have working wifi in every room. 

can anyone help me get a new hub sent out and a technician to come check it over? 

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red light persists after a pin hole reset, it will need replaced as that could be a faulty overheat warning.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss.  The cable alterations will be a fixed £25 for a non fault call out.  However if the technician is at your property to replace a faulty Hub, the fee to cable alterations may be waived ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Lauren94.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your Hub and coverage. Its not been a great introduction to our services has it?

I'd like to take a look into this for you and arrange for one of our Technicians to attend.

In the mean time can you please make sure the hub is well ventilated and free from any direct sources of heat.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your envelope at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L