Menu
TICKTEL
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub Rebooting [Business]

Hello, So thought I'd post this here even though I am on a business connection. After an hour and 20 minutes of being on Livechat with Virgin Media my issues are still not resolved. Recently over the past couple of weeks our Internet has been cutting out. We use the Hitron Hub to feed our UniFi Security Gateway Pro Internet. It appears when the internet has been dropping I've gone to check the lights on the Hitron Hub and it appears like it rebooting when all the lights go off and then I believe a pink or purple light comes on (I could be wrong on that) and then eventually up and downstream connect again. I contacted Live support to tell them this who told me their are no issues and I can see your connection has been online for 10 minutes... that's exactly my point its dropped out! It takes around 10 minutes or so to reconnect x 12 people - that's 120 minutes work time lost. And this normally happens twice a day now at least. Let alone the missed client calls as well. I asked them to send out a new Hitron Hub in case its a hardware issues, but she then said you would need an engineer call out and if they don't find a fault its £150... But because this is an intermittent issue with the hub rebooting or something weird going on I don't think they will find an issue and we'll just be charged the £150 for no reason. Help - It's driving me mad. Let alone this is a business connection and no indication of compensation or even a sorry! It's terrible. I would understand if it was a residential connection!
0 Kudos
TICKTEL
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub Rebooting [Business]

BUMP - we're still experiencing issues and the live chat are useless.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Straightforward answer. Unless someone knows the answer you won't get support on this Forum. It is for residential customers only. Obviously live chat won't help. Residential and Business are run as two separate businesses and the technical staff of one know nothing about the other. You pay a premium for the business service and it has dedicated support. Try there:

https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/help-and-advice/technical-support/

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ticktel,

Thank you for posting and sorry to hear that your internet keeps cutting out.

@HowardML is correct in that our Business Customers have their own dedicated technical support who will be able to help you as this is primarily a Residential support forum. 

Please  see this link for the ways to contact our Business Team and we hope that your issue get's resolved soon.

Regards,

Lisa_CC

0 Kudos