cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 web interface password

arrnek
Tuning in

Hi. I've been trying to login web interface on 198.168.0.1 using the password provided underside of my device, but the given password does not work. I tried to reset the device by holding the reset button with several methods I found in the forums (holding it for over 60 seconds or holding reset button for 15 seconds, then waiting 5 seconds and repeating that 3 times) but I am still getting "The password you entered is incorrect." message when logging in. What is the correct way to hard reset Hub 5 to its defaults?

Many thanks,

Burak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One observation on the password - is the third character a c? It looks like an o but it is narrower than the o in Password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The address will be 192.168.0.1

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Oops made a typo there when writing my question. I've been using 192.168.0.1 already.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

… and you are sure you are using the Settings password and not the WiFi password?

Yes, here's the picture of label underside my router. I tried using the password with the red underline.

InkedIMG_20211031_135452_LI.jpg

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Checked for case sensitive?

Yep, I did. I've also tried all uppercase and all lowercase as well but no chance.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One observation on the password - is the third character a c? It looks like an o but it is narrower than the o in Password.

Haha, that's a spot on observation Ernie_C, it was the letter "c" from the beginning! I totaly missed that, thanks a lot for your help.

Ironic really that the 'o' in 'Sagemcom' is missing a section... (It is how their logo is designed!)