cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - random disconnect issues

pppp_23
Tuning in

If you look back at some of my previous posts you'll see that I was getting constant disconnections once I upgraded from a Hub 4 to Hub 5. To recap - the connection would drop for all devices (wired and wireless) but the Hub itself would not report an issue. Looking at the network log the disconnects always followed the same pattern:

Time Priority Description
15-03-2023 09:00:28noticeCM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 4; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=**;CMTS-MAC=**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
15-03-2023 08:58:45noticeCM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 1; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=**;CMTS-MAC=**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
15-03-2023 08:58:29warningMDD message timeout;CM-MAC=**;CMTS-MAC=**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Techs were called out several times and they suggested there was an upstream power levels issue but even when that was fixed there was no change in the problem - it happened just as often as it did before the fix.

In the end they ran out of ideas and they agreed my request to go back to a Hub 4. Once that was done the problem disappeared - the connection has been pretty solid since then. It means I can do work calls and watch stuff again without constant interruptions.The downside is that the connection is less snappy than it was - the 2.5 Gig port is sorely missed. But if it's a choice of slower but regular service or fast and irregular service then slower wins.

So, if anyone else is having these kinds of problems the fix, for now, seems to go back to a Hub 4. There's clearly more tolerance built into the Hub 4. Hopefully the Hub 5 problems will get a fix at some point and we can get upgraded again.

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @pppp_23,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry that you've had this issue ongoing for quite a while. Glad to hear that swapping back to the Hub 4 has helped resolve your issue!

How has your connection been since then? If there's anything you need assistance with, please let us know. We're here to help.

Thank you! 😊

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

One issue I've not been able to resolve yet. Since downgrading to the Hub 4 I can't get the VM Connect app to recognise the hub. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times but no luck at all. Any advice?

Hi pppp_23, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We're sorry to hear the hub 4 isn't being recognised by the Connect App. This can happen when you've had the hub replaced but it usually resolves itself when the account has fully updated. 

We also currently have a known error with some of the data in our systems, that is causing the app to not recognise the Hub in a minority of instances. A reboot usually resolves this. We are investigating this as a high priority. 

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs