cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 after upgrading to Gig1 - Will I recieve it or not?

hgokaslan
Joining in

I recently upgraded from the M500 package to the Gig1 package, hoping to receive the Hub 5 with Wifi 6 capabilities and improved speeds(Currently got the Hub4).  I reached out to support via WhatsApp and was informed that an engineer would visit today to set up and fix the equipment. However, I had not received any communication regarding this visit.

When I called customer service, I was told that I will not be receiving the Hub 5 because I upgraded through my account, which seems strange to me. This conflicting information has left me confused. On one hand, I am being advised to stay home and wait for the engineer, but on the other hand, I am being told that no one is coming.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or guidance on what steps I can take to resolve this situation.

1 REPLY 1

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi hgokaslan 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion with your upgrade. As you've mentioned, you already have a Hub 4, so you would not be automatically upgraded to a Hub 5 once the upgrade is completed, unless specified in your contract documentation, as the Hub 4 is capable of delivering the speeds necessary for the Gig1 service.

If you haven't received any confirmation via SMS, or in your My Virgin Media account, then a Technician would not be attending.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ