cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Not working

halcyoncy
Joining in

Hi all. 

Our wifi has been inconsistent at best and cuts out multiple times a day. We just upgraded to the hub 5 yesterday in hopes that it would alleviate some of the issues. Installation went smooth. No issues, everyone got connected on their different devices without a problem. 

Last night the wifi cut off for a full 10 minutes and the router wouldn't even appear on the available network list on any devices. It eventually came back but this morning it turned off again. I have been troubleshooting for more than a full hour now and the network isn't visible from any device.

The hub has a steady white light, has been restarted AND rebooted with no luck. What can I do? 

Edit: I have a young autistic son who relies heavily on routine and using the internet as part of that so the nearest technician slot being 2 days away is not ideal.

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no faults found:

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

You could also try a pin hole reset of the hub.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi halcyoncy

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the internet issues - I have checked the system today and you are affected by an SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue. This means the internet maybe intermittent until sorted. The estimated fix date for this is the 19th September at 12.55pm. Please continue to monitor the connection after that time and let us know if not fully sorted, we'll be happy to help.

Due to the aforementioned vulnerability, I have also put a flag on the account which means if any technician visits are needed to the property (this is an area issue), then we would aim to be out to you in 4 working hours to a maximum of 2 days. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for the response, and a massive thanks for adding the note to my account!

The internet was out for a full 24 hours before it eventually came back. It had been back on (with occasional momentary blips) since then, until today where again it's been off for about 2 hours now. 

It's just frustrating because we obviously don't want to wait too long to get it sorted but unsure whether to bother booking a technician again if it's going to fix itself by the morning!! 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi halcyoncy, 

Thank you for your reply. 

We are very sorry to hear you have been experiencing further downtime with the service. 

I have checked from our side and can confirm the outage has now been repaired. 

With this being the case, how have things been since your last post to us, have you seen any improvements? 

Thanks, 

Nat