cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Losing WAN IP / Connection

jamesie1979
Tuning in

Hi,

Like many other posts I`ve seen on here recently. Received Hub 5 on Wednesday and since then it keeps losing connection multiple times per day.

When it loses connection it stays locked on. It doesn't lose downstream or upstream lock.
Modem mode or router mode.

Power levels are fine etc.

In modem mode it is connected to an ASUS AXE-7800 and the config page of the router shows the WAN IP has gone.

When this happens in either mode it lasts for approx 1 minute or so then obtains it again.

Cheers

22 REPLIES 22

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Maybe you have a faulty port either hub or your router? Or maybe bad Ethernet cable?

Can you test hub in modem mode with a PC connected no router and see if thats stable? Maybe a bit of Wireshark with filter before you start:
port 68 or port 67 or arp
https://www.wireshark.org/
---------------------------------------------------------------

It's neither of those. Like I said this has been reported recently multiple times. The difference is I have 2 routers ( tested serperately) telling me me the WAN is lost.
All of what you have have suggested has been tested. I`m well versed in VM stuff.

Firmware issue / UBR, CMTS.

Only replaced from Hub 4 on Wednesday as I received mail as I was supposed to be sent Hub 5.
I wanted it for the 2.5Gb LAN port.

@jamesie1979 wrote:
All of what you have have suggested has been tested. I`m well versed in VM stuff.

So was DHCP doing lots of requests? was ARP to the VM WAN gateway fine and receiving replies? 

When it loses connection the log doesn't state. Only reason I`m saying WAN IP goes is just whats the router says. That's the only indication as the Hub doesn't lose lock.

04-03-2023 12:59:20

notice

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 1; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

04-03-2023 12:59:13

warning

MDD message timeout;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

So you have not tested with just a PC (no router) in modem mode with Wireshark?

Yes I have.

Other posts have same issue.

Happens when MDD message timeout.

Tech came out swapped Hub 5 back to Hub 4.....problem solved. Lose 200Mb in modem mode though.

MDD Timeout in log every time connection goes down for approx 30 - 60 seconds. Router loses WAN IP then obtains it again.

Exact same as others. Here's one example.

MDD message timeout - Virgin Media Community - 5209848

@jamesie1979 wrote:

Tech came out swapped Hub 5 back to Hub 4.....problem solved. Lose 200Mb in modem mode though.

MDD Timeout in log every time connection goes down for approx 30 - 60 seconds. Router loses WAN IP then obtains it again.

Exact same as others. Here's one example.

MDD message timeout - Virgin Media Community - 5209848

So a faulty hub then? I’d bet that if they replaced it with another hub 5, and assuming that the replacement wasn’t from a faulty batch as well, you would have been fine.