cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 to Hub 5

AS
On our wavelength

Good afternoon.

Virgin have advised they are sending me a Hub 5. Nice (I hope). Are there handy guides to connecting devices viz PC, laptop, LG TV, Ipads, Alex devices?

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No guides that I know of. Wired devices just plug in and the WiFi name and password will be on the bottom of the Hub. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

grumpywurzel
Dialled in

It's fairly standard tbh, the cables in the Hub 4 go into the same ports as the new one. You need the give the connect app a few days to update but it should be fairly easy. It does take an age for the hub to come out of hibernation tho, about 10-15 mins and will reboot a few times.

AS
On our wavelength

1. Advice for other stuff (e.g. Alexa) suggests changing SSID and password back to the current ones. Can I do this straight away or do I need to let things settle down?

2. Do I need to wait for Virgin to 'turn off' the old hub, or do we just open the box and crack on?

Thanks for kind assistance

AS

Hi @AS 

Welcome back to our community forums. We are glad to see you are getting a hub upgrade. You can find out all you need to know about quick-start installation and connecting your devices here https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/installation When you receive your kit, you should be able to set it up right away.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

AS
On our wavelength

Thank you. The 'Idiot's Guide' included in the pack was pretty explicit and all went well. Since I possess a variety of devices including a number of Echos (Echoes?) advice to change the name and password back to its predecessor was also invaluable. Why do people refer the 'name' of the router as the SSID? Unexplained acronyms are a pest.