Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 solid white lights

I have just received my hub 4 upgrade and tried to install this. However after it went through the install once it created with WiFi network but no internet having left it an hour I then restarted it but now only have a solid bright light even after leaving it for an hour. 

call centres are shut and engineer won’t arrive til Friday. Any ideas on how to resolve it?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 solid white lights

With acknowledgements to newapollo.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box you are installing. By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method (which still works) is to reboot the V6, and if the channels are still greyed out then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

The best time to call is 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry this answer is no help as you are talking about TV but this is a router issue (Hub 4)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0CCB94EE-9692-4FA3-B467-89D7CC80E1BA.png

 Also when running a service test on the hub it says it cannot be run as it’s a new hub and to seek help on here...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Ears_101 wrote:

Sorry this answer is no help as you are talking about TV but this is a router issue (Hub 4)

It is the same for any new boxes.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

With acknowledgements to newapollo.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the Hub / TV box you are installing. By doing this they will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method (which still works) is to reboot the Hub / TV box, and if the channels are still greyed out then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

The best time to call is 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos