Menu
DaftClanger
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 slower than the Hub 3 it replaced

Upgraded from 300Mbps broadband to 1Gbps. New(?) Hub 4 arrived today, spanner and cat6 cable supposedly in the box (according to the manual) missing.

All set up now, called 150 to activate it, speed according to Virgin's recommended speedtest is 350-400Mbps. Speed with the old hub before upgrae request was clocking 420ish. What's gone wrong this time Virgin?

Tried calling the support line, queued for an hour til 8pm hit, someone picked up and hung up straight away, guess it was clocking off time.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 slower than the Hub 3 it replaced

On wifi or ethernet connections - and on what devices are you testing speeds?

EDIT: just a thought - has the upgrade come through and is showing GB speeds in the configuration file in its settings?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
DaftClanger
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Both wired to the hub and wifi next to it, tested on desktop pc, surface book 2 and a Galaxy S20, all of which ran at 400Mbps+ before I swapped out.

How so I get into the config files to check the settings?

0 Kudos
DaftClanger
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You are configured for the 1GB package

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos