cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 problem

Greyn01
Joining in

Only swapped to virgin after 3 years with BT because of pricing, never had a fault!. Had virgin for 5 weeks and now the WiFi has gone off already. Come home from work to find solid white light on hub 4. Tried all suggestions and no WiFi. Apparently I need an engineer but they're not available until WEDNESDAY!!!! My elderly mum is housebound and has gone back to bed and my kids can't use their tech. Any suggestions please?

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Any known faults being reported? Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Just the WiFi is off & is the Ethernet working fine ?

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @Greyn01, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the recent fault with the Wi-Fi services on the hub.

Can you please confirm if this issue is still ongoing?

As per the question asked by @Client62, are Ethernet connected devices able to access the connection?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Sorry I got locked out of my account.

Yes problem still ongoing, no local problems and unable to run a scan via the app as it says "sorry unable to run a scan at this time". I don't have anything with an ethernet cable to try.

I'm sitting right in front of the hub (which has a steady white light) and my phones connection to the WiFi is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting. It's an absolute nightmare for the kids doing their homework! 

Hi @Greyn01,

Thank you for expanding on this. Are any other services impacted at all, or just the Wi-Fi?

Can you also clarify what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've performed thus far?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!