Menu
Maz_1802
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 power cable

• Received my new hub 4 yesterday. I uninstalled the old one and when following the instructions to reconnect the new one,  i couldnt get the power cable to connect. It simply doesnt fit. Anyone else had this issue?

Contacted virgin, but as usual can't get a hold of anyone.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 power cable

Hi Maz_1802,

Thank you for your post. 

That's odd - I apologise that this has even happened. Did one actually come with it and it didn't fit? Have you managed to speak with anybody about this since your post? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Maz_1802
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

No, it didnt come with a new power cable - i was supposed to use the cables from the old hub - but it wouldn't fit..

I managed to speak with someone on friday. Theyre going to send a new power cable.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Lovely - thank you for coming back and letting me know. 

Please keep me posted on how it goes. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
GreenPeppers1
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar issue. I have been sent the new Hub 4 router, with power cable. But the power cable and Hub do not match - not sure if it is the cable that is incorrect or the Hub that is faulty, No pictures to identify what this is supposed to look like. Not understood but he person at the other end of the phone when I tried to ring. How do I get an answer to this please?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, GreenPeppers1,

Have you been able to get the Hub 4 connected since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
GreenPeppers1
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

No, the hub and the cable do not fit together. 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks for your reply, GreenPeppers1

I have set up an engineer’s visit for you which you will be able to view from your online account here.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Maz_1802
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I spoke with someone back in mid-late november i think as my internet switched off because youd switched me over but my new hub wasnt installed. I called the helpline after getting a text message telling me to call a number if i had problems getting it set up and when i spoke to a gentleman. He put me back to the old version so i could comtinue with my old hub, said he would arrange for a new power cable to be sent and told me to phone back when  i received this to switch back over.

6 months later and still nothing from virgin. Have tried umpteen times ro contact over the phone and get told its too busy, try again later.

0 Kudos
GreenPeppers1
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I received a cable in the post yesterday. This looked the same as the one in the box, but it fitted the hub.

Now all set up. I have cancelled the engineer.

0 Kudos