Menu
Flower67
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 no internet connection

I’ve installed my new Hub 4 and it’s connected but there is no internet. I called the Helpdesk tonight - they said other people had a similar issue. He didn’t know what was happening or how long it would take to fix the issue.  Does anyone have any information/update? 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 no internet connection

Did you try the Hub activation line ?

Hub Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Flower67
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes and I spoke to someone who checked and said my Hub 4 was connected. 

0 Kudos
Bimbooba
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Having exactly same issue, was told people are reporting it and it will be escalated. Since 4pm till now no solution. Wish I had stayed on the Hub 3 and avoided this issue. Now I cant work from home tomorrow. Such a shame VM. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Bimbooba wrote:

Having exactly same issue, was told people are reporting it and it will be escalated. Since 4pm till now no solution. Wish I had stayed on the Hub 3 and avoided this issue. Now I cant work from home tomorrow. Such a shame VM. 

Haven't you got a back up in place such as a PAYG 4G Data Dongle of extra Data on your mobile contract ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Battersea2020
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have same issue of hub 4 not working when installing last night, VM were able to reset my hub3 so I could reconnect. Waiting on an update as to when hub 4 will work. 

0 Kudos
Flower67
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same! VM reconnected my Hub3 and I’m back on line now. Thankfully I hadn’t sent the Hub3 back...

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

I'm really sorry that you're having problems with your hub 4. I can understand that it'd be frustrating. 

I know it's been a while since you posted, so I wanted to check if you've been able to sort this out? 

If you haven't, please post back here so I can help you.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Flower67
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yes it's sorted as I was able to re-activate my hub 3 and disconnect the hub 4 - the VirginMedia customer service desk helped with this. thanks
0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know Flower67 🙂

Kind regards,

Melissa 

0 Kudos