Menu
shinta
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 no connection

I've just received my new "Super" hub 4 in the mail today. Set up as it says in the installation guide. Everything boots up fine but I cannot get an internet connection.

I have received countless text messages saying my connection is active and I have switched back to my old Hub 3 and I'm getting a steady connection from it but when it comes to the hub 4... Nothing... Nada... Zip... Sweet Nothings.

Supposedly it's meant to be "quick" but for over 5-6 hours of racking my brain I'm just tempted to phone back up tomorrow ask them to revert my package and maybe try elsewhere so my last ditch attempt as the call centers have packed up for the night is here with the community can you please help this stressed out guy?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 no connection

You can only have one active Hub on the line, with the Hub 3 working it tells me that the Hub 4 wasn't activated.

All new installs / replacement electronic equipment need to be activated.

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
shinta
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@MikeRobbo wrote:

You can only have one active Hub on the line, with the Hub 3 working it tells me that the Hub 4 wasn't activated.

Clearly you haven't read my message properly.

I have phoned the activations line which now diverts to the normal options menu as if I called customer services. I have received confirmation text messages stating that it is ACTIVE.

I have also went through all the basic troubleshooting procedures as with any piece of electronical equipment (i.e. Turning it on and off again, letting it power cycle, resetting it back to factory settings, etc.)

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@shinta wrote:

@MikeRobbo wrote:

Clearly you haven't read my message properly.

I have phoned the activations line which now diverts to the normal options menu as if I called customer services. I have received confirmation text messages stating that it is ACTIVE.

I have also went through all the basic troubleshooting procedures as with any piece of electronical equipment (i.e. Turning it on and off again, letting it power cycle, resetting it back to factory settings, etc.)

OK your new Hub 4 is active.

Your choice, accept what I am saying or sit forever more looking at your shiny new Hub 4 sat in a corner doing nothing.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the system has to be wrong - Mike is correct - if you can access the internet on the hub3 then the activation has not worked on the hub4 - i guess there could be a delay - if the hub3 stops working then that would suggest the activation on the hub4 has worked

BUT regardless of what the system is telling you the hub4 is not correctly activated

Tony
0 Kudos
d_lisy
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Clearly YOU haven't read what he said. Read the advice properly before coming back with such an awful attitude. As with all networks you can only have ONE router active with your service at any given time. If your HUB 3 works then your HUB 4 isn't activated, regardless of your 'countless' texts. Apologise, take the advice and go phone Virgin to get the new HUB properly provisioned. You'll know it's done when your HUB 3 stops working. Simple.

0 Kudos