Menu
nghill890
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 need to reboot hourly

I was sent a Hub 4 recently and have noticed that it needs to be rebooted regularly, sometime 4-5 time a day. i had a similar problem the last time i had a new hub and it needed activating, however the new one said this was not necessary, and would just work. IT DOES NOT.  

0 Kudos
Toiletduck2020
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 need to reboot hourly

I had exactly the same issue with the hub 4, constant reboots over a period of 2 weeks after installing it. Zero technical support provided by Virgin on the phone or on here either with regards to the issue. Out of frustration as I need internet to work from home I purchased a standalone router and put the Hub 4 into modem mode and its works flawlessly since.

Conclusion the Hub 4 has been released with major bugs and is not fit for purpose.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Your post is confusing. 

So it works but needs rebooting hourly, or... 

It doesn't work? 

Which is it? 

If the later, have you tried to activate it?

0 Kudos
Toiletduck2020
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In my experience the hub 4 reboots all by itself every few hours. I presume it experiences some error and there is a built in mechanism within the Hub 4 to reset itself when a serious error occurs. However following a reboot for some reason it will not obtain an internet connection, it gives an IPv4 address of 0.0.0.0. A further manual reboot is then required to clear this (hopefully) and obtain an IP address.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In my experience, my Hub4 has NEVER re-booted itself (and I have BQM data to prove this).

Perhaps your issue is external to the Hub4.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Toiletduck2020
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps but just try getting anyone on 150 to look into it for you, the only support they gave me was "Have you switched it off and on again?". I didn't even get any responses from anyone at Virgin to my thread on here detailing my Hub 4 problems.

Looking on this forum I can see many, many post detailing the same problems I have experienced over and over with the hub 4. What I can say is since moving the hub 4 into modem mode my internet service has been flawless.

nghill890
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the responses, just to clear up, some fact, I have to reboot the Hub as it stops being connected to the internet, however recently this has been happening less often, since moving to using my own Router, contacted Virgin, however when trying to activate, was not able to get it activated via phone, as no option to do so. though interesting when checking my service either online or via smartphone app, it does report some fault is present. but does nothing about it.

0 Kudos
Biffo1262
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mine stays connected but speeds are absolutely appalling.  Superhub 2 averaged 108mpbs this heap of crap is lucky if it reaches 30mbps on a GOOD day,  I've tried moving it, standing next to it and setting manual channels all to no avail.  You are right, it simply is not fit for purpose and I want my superhub 2 reactivated but getting a response from Virgin is like pulling teeth.  I am out of contract so is seriously time to look elsewhere and ditch my full TV, Broadband and phone package?  I think it is as the money they charge me for repeats on TV is just plain robbery and broadband is not fit for purpose.  The phone works fine but surely even they can't mess that up.  they say there are no service issues but on a third party site complaints are flooding in about poor service in the greater Manchester area....which is it, simply normal messed up or exceptionally messed up?

0 Kudos