Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 keeps dropping internet - worse than hub 3?????

Hi I have had my hub 4 for a couple of weeks and I have to say it’s worse than my hub 3 

I cannot run diagnostics from website anymore to get a basic idea of what’s going  on and the dashboard for the modem itself when logged onto modem has less options than before

under diagnostics in dashboard it’s confirms there is an issue with wifi

wifi has shorter distance and drops several times a day and then some more

Laptops and PlayStations connected via a cable barley get constant speeds over 90mb Ona guaranteed 200mb line ???? And not stable at all speed up and down like the stock market 🤣

No one to phone for assistance and no help from apps ..please help I’m out of contract and Getting fed up with the virgin network Constant poor network for over three years 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 keeps dropping internet - worse than hub 3?????

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike cheers for the response 

when connected even hardwired via cat6 and the speeds are all over the place never consistent and sometimes it doesn’t even complete the test saying cannot connect and then it a second later it will

one min I might get 180 then it drops to single digits and then seems to just stop and then shoot up and then back down again and drops outs are not consistent 

looking on rooter aswell for WiFi it quit clearly says there is an issue with WiFi when running diagnostics. 
i don’t phone up and say I work in IT because I don’t want to be that guy but seriously I know when something is not working as it’s described and the guarantee to line speeds are not as they say it dips well below 100mbs often very often 

I’m not even sure the speeds the issue it just seems very jittery and drops packets 

anyone from virgin that could contact me would be greatly appreciated 

I’m looking at moving to vodaphone broadband Because it’s causing me a lot of issues especially for work

I was recently contacted by work to say that I have used a lot of data on work phone and it turns out that even though connected to WiFi there is no connection and for some reason it uses my data even though it says connected to WiFi which I did not notice 

On the back of that I have borrowed my brothers vodaphone sim data package broadband on test last week the connection has been good and stable didn’t drop below 60

i know it’s slower but to be honest speed is useless if it’s not constant and stable 

as for support from virgin literally non existent really really poor can’t even talk to some one on phone ... o think I’ll try to cancel again on Monday 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos