Menu
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 21 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 ip

How do you mean “Virgin are saying its in hub mode” who or what is saying this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 22 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Its virgin when I havee rung them they are saying that they can see the HUB is in router mode. sorry my have not been quite clear on that. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 23 of 35
Flag for a moderator

The Hub looks like is broken They have stated it is in router mode when clearly its in modem mode. My speeds are still low with my upload and pig being stable download is now down to 150Mb. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 24 of 35
Flag for a moderator

@Ag1el1 wrote:

Its virgin when I havee rung them they are saying that they can see the HUB is in router mode. sorry my have not been quite clear on that. 

that sounds like made up nonsense that CS often do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 25 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I am calling **bleep** on all this HUB 4 and 1Gb service its utter rubbish, the Hub for a start is a joke with the cooling solutions and is looks on par with the disaster that is the Hub 3. Still using the Puma chipset and to cap it off starving an already hot chip with decent air flow. i wish we had a choice of hub like Cermany does. My status page states they are still working on the 1Gb network. When they have tested the network I am getting 1100Mb/s But they can see now that I am only running at 160Mb/s upload is a steady 50Mb/s and my ping is about 8 -16 on speedtests. They have stated that they do feel the Hub is broken and sending out an engineer on Wednesday to replace the Hub and check the cables. I wish I never took this service and opted for the 300 or 500 I just wanted to see if the Hub 4 was better. I think it will come back as they have problems with the new Hub but in classic VM style they will refuse to launch any-other Hub. I would love to get my hands on another Hub to see what mods I could do with it other than running it bare to get better cooling. are you running the Hub 4?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 26 of 35
Flag for a moderator

i assume you'll be cancelling then?
are you still in your cooling off period?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 27 of 35
Flag for a moderator

i will give them until Wednesday until I make that decision as will need to see what the engineer is able to do. as I have only just upgraded so should not be a problem i don't think I only got  it activated on Saturday 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 28 of 35
Flag for a moderator

you have 14 days from the point of activation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ag1el1 

Thanks for the message. 

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service?

When is the engineer due to arrive? 

Please let us know how it goes?

Kind regards 

Chris .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 30 of 35
Flag for a moderator

They are due tomorrow, speeds have picked up a little but still only 600mb but not every test is the same and most are still slower than that 

0 Kudos