Menu
WW9091
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 for new customers

So I left virginmedia a few years ago due to high utilisation in my area now work to update the network for gig1 is supposed to be completed will I as a new customer get this new hub because of the high demand on the network as I love the speed but the outages were well outrageous constantly down due to the dreaded high utilisation I tried calling customer service today to ask but could not get through but the automated service said there was issues in my area before iv even got connected again now I worrying I'm going to be in the same position as I was a few years ago so will the hub 4 help in this situation even though I'm not going to be on gig1 as iv seen so many different post regarding this and some advising don't bother with the hub 4

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 for new customers

A Hub 4 will not fix area outages, only engineers can do that.

TBH you are as well staying away from the Hub 4 for awhile until the teething problems are ironed out.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
WW9091
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's a shame really I think 🤔 il be in the same position as before and hub 3 I didn't think is the issue I think it's more the fact there's to many people on the network round here but Iv seen posts that the hub 4 can be helpful in those circumstances and virgin medias ivr always says there's issues in my area and its always put down to high utilisation I thought these upgrades would have increased capacity but I think that may well of been wishful thinking on my part so I think iv got some decisions on whether to give up on the idea of coming back to virgin media because the high utilisation issue are still present the service will be pretty unusable again and there is nothing the engineers can do when they come out but apologise or the appointments are cancelled altogether as virginmedia know there's nothing that can be done apart from increasing capacity which I thought they would of done when they were upgrading the network to gig1 I don't think I want to go back to that again 

0 Kudos
Toiletduck2020
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Avoid the Hub 4 unless you are happy with >10 outages per day.

0 Kudos
WW9091
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK I see il stick with the hub 3 and if these high utilisation issues keep cropping up in the first 14days I guess I can still leave just really annoying that they can't sort this issue out iv been told by VM that the new cabling for the gig1 is backward compatible so even though I'm not going to be on gig1 this should resolve the high utilisation issues I'm not that technical on fibre cables so don't know if that's the case but the prove is in seeing how many outages I get so many different answers from VM about this high utilisation issue I'm just wondering is this been said just to tempt me back and the under lying issue hasn't been resolved as when I phone up a few days ago the ivr was saying the same old thing we are sorry you having intermittent issues with your broadband service and its not installed yet so it doesn't bode well but thanks for your advice 

0 Kudos