Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 flashing white and intermittently red light

Regret upgrading to hub 4. Is it possible to go back to hub 3?

hub 4 flashing white light and then intermittently becomes red light for a while and back to flashing white light. Been like this for a day. Engineer coming on Friday but is it possible to go back to hub 3? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 flashing white and intermittently red light

Looking at this >> PAGE << the Hub is trying to connect to the WAN and then reboots.

Try a reboot to see if the Hub can renegotiate a better connection using this method ...

Switch the Hub off using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord and pull the PSU plug from the wall socket.

Give it a good 10 minutes put the plug back in and switch the Hub back on.

Allow the Hub a few minutes to fully restart then try your connection again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have seen that page and already did that. Still no internet. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Did you leave it switched off for 10 minutes?

If you did it is the quickest 10 minutes I have ever seen.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No I mean I did this several times during the day, switching the switch off and taking all the lines out and waited for 10 min, 30 min and also tried after waiting an hour then putting everything back in again and the same white light flashing and then staying at red no WiFi again. I will do it again... doubt it will work, been doing this the whole day and calling virgin media at the same time as takes an hour for them to answer and person on the line just checked if I registered and told me to unplug everything and screw it back on again after waiting etcetc tried looking online forums just saw one other person with this problem not sure what’s wrong... just want to go back to hub3 everything was working fine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You can either phone in (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Butterflytapted, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you've been having some issues and for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've tried to locate your account from here to see if this has since been sorted for you but sadly I've been unable to do so. 

Can I ask if this has been sorted for you since your post?

If not then please pop me a message with your full address and I can do some checks from here. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos