cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 dead

Gl3n
Joining in

Hi,

can anyone help. Everything working fine until hub4 powers off. I was next to it when it happened.

TV still working fine. No lights on router, left it off, psu still showing green light. I really could do with it working asap but can not get anyone out until Friday.

its 100% router, psu or hub4. Why can a new router be sent out and if it’s not this charge me. Being without internet is massively impacting us. We won’t even hear the bell due to it being a ring doorbell.

Virgin needs to have an option to get a router to people quickly.

Anyone help.

thanks

Glen

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately you are paying for a residential contract that has no SLA and no fixed times. If you want this you have to pay for a business contract. VM will not send out hubs due to the fact that many people will just say ‘my hub is broken’ when it is not, they are just hoping for a new one.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Gl3n, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry you internet has gone down I understand how frustrating this can be.

I can see you have spoke to the team and something is getting sorted out for you.

Please can you keep me updated on how it goes today and I am sorry about any trouble caused here.

They should call when they're on their way or knock on the door if there's no answer from the door bell. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks Matt, not arrived as yet but someone is at home. With note to knock as the bell works on internet!

I’ve also prdered a 2nd business internet line so I don’t get into this situation again with better sla’s.

Ideally you should send out a modem next day and charge customer and get engineer to then check. If it’s modem then waive charge. I 99.9% sure it’s modem, as light is on, on psu.

thanks for helping.

Glen

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gl3n

Thanks for your reply. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see the visit went ahead. 

Pease let us know if you require any further assistance and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

All good now, but it was the hub and sending one out would have been quicker 🙂

However great it’s fixed.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will not send out hubs because all and sundry would say they needed one to fix even the minor problems, when in would not.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2