Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 Upgrade

Yodel didn’t deliver my Hub 4 today as scheduled. After multiple calls to virginmedia it might be delivered on Monday. 

If my self-install has problems on Monday (likely) can I simply put the Hub 3 back and sort it out later? Or will telling virginmedia to ‘GO’ by text mean the Hub 3 will no longer work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 4 Upgrade

When you start the activation process for a new hub the old one is deactivated first, as only one hub can be active per account.  If there was an issue you would need to call VM to get them to reactivate the Hub 3 before you could use it again.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you signed up for Gig1 only the Hub 4 will provide this service.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. Virginmedia say they have sent the parcel and Yodel know nothing about it so Im not optimistic it’s will arrive on Monday anyway. I’m also not sure I’ll be able to contact virginmedia to wind it back if I have a problem.

oh well...

0 Kudos