Menu
cwhite1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 Offer - Arranged for today, but no further tracking recieved.

Hi,

I got an email offer to upgrade to the Hub 4, and arranged delivery for today. I've stayed home to make sure I'm available for delivery but I've just realised that I have no tracking details, and my account doesn't show any open orders.

When I try to go through the contact pages I can't find any option for online chat and I don't fancy sitting on hold for hours.

Is there any way to access online chat, or to get someone to check whether this order is actually in process? I'm hoping that this order is still going through and I've just not received tracking information - If not, then what was the point in letting me select today for delivery?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
cwhite1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 Offer - Arranged for today, but no further tracking recieved.

So I just thought I'd try phoning and was surprised to get through to someone reasonably quickly.

However, I'm now being told by customer services that the Hub 4 is not available in my area yet, and the email was merely to gauge interest and put me onto a shortlist until tests in my area were made and that when it was available i'd need to upgrade to 1Gb.

However, why would I be sent an email and go through the process of entering my details and choosing a delivery date if it was not available?
I've rechecked the email and it clearly states "Claim yours now" and "we want to upgrade you at no extra cost".

Now I completely understand if there are delays with the order, it would just be nice to be provided with correct information or an email confirming that the order couldn't be completed for today. Do customer services have incorrect information regarding these upgrades?

Does anyone have any further information at all?
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It’s not strictly true that Hub4s are only issued for the 1Gb service. These hubs are DOCSIS 3.1 kit, so can connect to more channels than previous hubs. This makes them useful in areas where there are congestion issues on the existing speeds.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

cwhite1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That's good to know, thanks! I did get the impression that it should be backwards compatible.
I guess i just have to wait and see whether I receive any further correspondence then.
0 Kudos
TimD1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If it helps I had the same issue ... signed up for the offer for delivery on a particular day and received nothing - neither notification or hub.  However a few days later I got another email to say there was a problem with the original day and was allocated another.  Device turned up today. 

cwhite1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ah, brilliant. Thanks for the response! Makes me feel a bit better knowing I should hear something soon at least. Just a shame that customer service aren't informed properly.

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately once Hub delivery has been arranged all communication is between yourself and Yodel. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
cwhite1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I don't believe it has been arranged yet though, which is why I was trying to find some clarification. My account has no details of the upgrade, and customer services didn't even know upgrades were being offered. I'll just wait and see if someone contacts me to re-arrange the date instead since it appears there is no way to chase it, or contact anyone to find out any further information.

0 Kudos
Richardr1
Up to speed
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same position - and I chose today, but have had no promised delivery details. I did get the generic you have changed your package email, which isn't really true when all one has done is tick the box to upgrade the Hub to v4, but no further specific details. Fortunately I am working from home, so given notice will be able to be around for delivery, so we will see what is happening.

0 Kudos
SneakySediments
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same issue for me, scheduled a delivery date today with absolutely no contact on the progress of the order. Why are they like this 😂

0 Kudos