cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 update taking too long

atcross
Joining in

I've just moved into a property and had a VM Hub 3 delivered as part of a broadband package. After plugging everything in, I received a text that kit was activated at 17:38. Couldn't get online right away, of course, as the Hub needed to update, which the setup guide(s) says should take up to 40 minutes. However, an hour went by and I still couldn't get online. Only the white light was showing on the Hub so I assumed everything was normal on my end. Nonetheless, I then logged into the hub via web browser and it confirmed it was still updating.

Here we are now at 20:17, and the Hub is still updating. What exactly is going on and how do I resolve this?

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

New Install Assistance

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.

Explain what needs to be done and book an engineer visit.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @atcross 

Looking through today's posts it appears that VM activations aren't currently working even though you've received  a text that the kit was activated at 17:38.  Hopefully the VM systems will kick in fully tomorrow and com plete the activation, however if doesn't, then call the activation team on 0800 953 9500 to activate the hub

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali