cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 solid red light

nh2012
Dialled in

Over the past few weeks, the power light on my hub 3 has changed from the normal solid white to solid red, which I read is supposed to indicate that it is overheating. The box is in a well-ventilated position (where it has been for many months), only slightly warm to the touch and is performing normally as regards speed etc; I tried switching it off for an hour or two and running a vacuum cleaner over it to remove any dust (although as far as I could see there was none), but to no avail. This morning I tried to contact VM by phone but was unable to get beyond the stage where I was told that the router needed a restart (it did not - I'd done that already). Could someone from VM please contact me to arrange a replacement, or does anyone know how to get through the automated tests etc to the point where I can actually speak to someone to request one, please? And is there any way for me to check whether there really is an overheating issue? I logged in and looked at status etc but couldn't find any information of that type.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As this is a safety hazard I will escalate this thread to the Forum Team to get this fixed for you.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As this is a safety hazard I will escalate this thread to the Forum Team to get this fixed for you.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi nh2012,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've some issues with the hub.

I'd like to arrange an engineer visit, so we can take a closer look at this. If the hub does need replacing this is something the engineer will be able to do.

I just need to confirm a few details with you first of all, so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for sending me the details over via private message nh2012,

I've arranged the engineer visit for a time you've advised is convenient, you can view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

Sorry but you've made the appointment for one of the times I specifically said I couldn't make. I've sent you a PM listing the suitable times.

Hi nh2012,

I can see you have spoken with one of my colleague who amended this for you.

^Martin