Menu
nh2012
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 solid red light

Over the past few weeks, the power light on my hub 3 has changed from the normal solid white to solid red, which I read is supposed to indicate that it is overheating. The box is in a well-ventilated position (where it has been for many months), only slightly warm to the touch and is performing normally as regards speed etc; I tried switching it off for an hour or two and running a vacuum cleaner over it to remove any dust (although as far as I could see there was none), but to no avail. This morning I tried to contact VM by phone but was unable to get beyond the stage where I was told that the router needed a restart (it did not - I'd done that already). Could someone from VM please contact me to arrange a replacement, or does anyone know how to get through the automated tests etc to the point where I can actually speak to someone to request one, please? And is there any way for me to check whether there really is an overheating issue? I logged in and looked at status etc but couldn't find any information of that type.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3 solid red light

As this is a safety hazard I will escalate this thread to the Forum Team to get this fixed for you.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi nh2012,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've some issues with the hub.

I'd like to arrange an engineer visit, so we can take a closer look at this. If the hub does need replacing this is something the engineer will be able to do.

I just need to confirm a few details with you first of all, so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sending me the details over via private message nh2012,

I've arranged the engineer visit for a time you've advised is convenient, you can view the time and date of the appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
nh2012
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but you've made the appointment for one of the times I specifically said I couldn't make. I've sent you a PM listing the suitable times.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi nh2012,

I can see you have spoken with one of my colleague who amended this for you.

^Martin

0 Kudos