Menu
Chrismclean90
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 solid red light help

Hi folks, 

for the last week I have had a solid red power light on my Hub 3 router. 
It has been in the same place for year and had no issues.

It is slightly hot to touch, and I have seen that this may be an overhearing issue. 

I contacted customer services and they advised me that it “should be fine”, and that there was nothing they could do on their end. I don’t feel happy with this answer, as I don’t feel I should be asked to keep a possibly faulty electrical product in my house and in use. 

has anyone had any better luck getting an answer on here? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 solid red light help

A red light is overheating.  If it's hot to the touch it should be replaced as it could be a fire risk.  A VM Mod should pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chrismclean90
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well I thought so too, which is why I was shocked to be told “it should be fine”. Definitely wasn’t a very helpful phone call. 

She just kept stating if it’s working then there’s nothing to worry about. I beg to differ. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Chrismclean90,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of your issues with router at the moment, having looked into your account I can see that you would need a technician visit to check the router and replace for you if need be.

To arrange this, I will need to confirm some further information from you, we will need to do this over a private message, that I will send over in a minute.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming your details in the private message @Chrismclean90.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos