cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 set up

niyameow
Joining in

activated it using the text reply and confirmed its all activated and running. All im seeing its a solid green wifi light and a constant flashing base light. I have tried turning it off back on and waiting and nothing still flashing when trying to connect on iphone i will let me join it but just says no internet connection 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Constantly flashing base light denotes either no signal down the incoming cable, or insufficient signal for the hub to lock onto. You will need a manned install to troubleshoot the wiring & connections at the property.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jem101
Superstar

The flashing green base light is an indication that it can’t properly connect to the VM infrastructure. Two possibilities here, a) it hasn’t been activated against your account - but you say this has been addressed and b) there is a physical connection problem.

So is this a new setup or an upgrade from one hub to a ‘better’ one?

If the latter, then it is quite possible that the cable is not properly connected and you will need a ‘manned’ installation, ie an engineer visit, to sort this out.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Constantly flashing base light denotes either no signal down the incoming cable, or insufficient signal for the hub to lock onto. You will need a manned install to troubleshoot the wiring & connections at the property.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

it a new one am a new customer its my first place and first time ever buying a broadband but the previous tenants only left a couple weeks ago

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi niyameow,

Welcome and thank you for posting to the Community.

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues since setting up your new equipment, we appreciate this is not the ideal start to our relationship.

I have taken a look from our side and can see a visit has been arranged to repair this issue. 

Please do let us know how this goes and if you require any assistance moving forward. 

Take care, 

Nat